Monday, September 26, 2011

I SEE "LONDON"...LFW SPRING 2012 GANAS FAVORITES.

So here I go. The forecast of future Spring fashions in London are not much different from that of what the oracles predicted in New York. It's that--or--at least the shows I was drawn to in London are aesthetically (contextually or not) similar.

ACNE
 
Acne utilized a continuation of loafers and their tassels. Transporting the oversized tassels to not only their loafers, but to their black leather sandals as well. Loafers always remind me of my father, and of Audrey Horne. Maybe Acne was having a Lynchian love affair while designing the collection's shoes. I happen to love that while Acne did follow trend with the loafers, they tended to stick to a fall-like palette of colors including black, white, mossy greens, a rustic orange, and an all too familiar pink--all of which I'm perfectly fine with.

PETER PILOTTO
I really was drawn to Peter Pilotto this season. His line reminded me of Rodarte and Alexander McQueen this season, in that Pilotto seemed to utilize similarly textured fabric and prints. I love the neckline he created for each dress. That specific cut is always flattering to most any body type, as it shows off a lady's collar bone and shoulders, which rarely gain weight and tend to always be smooth and sleek--much like the silhouette of the afore-posted dresses. Full circle baby.

CHRISTOPHER KANE

 Oh Christopher Kane. I have lusted and lusted after every single collection since the translucent mid-century-inspired gingham print dresses collection (I still have a serious obsession with purchasing each thrift or vintage gingham print piece I see--whether it fits or not). This season I loved the button-downs, the see-through dresses that became like those Lisa Frank sticker books filled with vinyl or puff print stickers of real life illustrations of flowers (dichotomy I know), and lastly, my favorite is the dusty pink thick satin cutout dress with the exaggerated pointy collar--now that is what I call a 70's era collar gone right. 

Till next time...I see Milan, I see France. 


**Photos and Video courtesy of New York Magazine Blog, The Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment