Friday, July 22, 2011

STRANGE GIRLS.

Strange Girls. I like em. I'm one of em. At least I know I'm def def definitely the strange girl that is being alluded to in the concerned poster above. But what and who are "strange" girls? Are strange girls feminists, sexual revolutionists, liberals... or are they sister-wives, tea-party-ers, and against funding Planned Parenthood? I could definitely make my case against the latter, but right now I've got to pack for a jam-packed week-end (of which I'll be posting about all next week) and I'm quite excited, flummoxed, and all over the place due to a concoction of being a last-minute indecisive procrastinator with laundry to do. But, before I begin to pack and lose all focus entirely, I wanted to pose this question for you. What exactly constitutes a "strange" girl? An opinion, a desire for equality, sexual prowess, a dislike for "bodycon" dresses, and a penchant for trousers that ride her ribs? I'm positive all of these bear some influence on being a strange gal, but what does being strange mean for you? Have you ever thought of someone as a "strange" girl--a stranger, a friend...yourself? When said--whether personally or not--does it feel like a positive or negative connotation? Or is it either? Perhaps terming someone strange, especially a female, does not have any effect on who she is, how she perceives herself--or how she wants to be perceived. Maybe all "strange" does is boost her confidence and make her want to help humanity--or the opposite-- "strange" bolsters her hyper-self-conscious ego and inspires her to rebel and repel against society as a whole. Either way, what good is a societal term, even when it is defined and supported? I guess you could say the same for... well..."strange" girls. "Some deliver sermon, the great leave us with our freedom." I leave you with that. You be the judge and be fair. I've got to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment