Friday, June 17, 2011

DADDY'S GIRL

This photo is of my Grand-dad (also a great and wise man. Love you.) and my Dad when he was just a baby. Quite the photogenic pair.

FATHER
"Work hard, then play hard, wash your hands, and, be nice to people."

DAUGHTER
" I know Dad, I know."

FATHER
"Okay. You know, you know, but do it... Love you Pooker Bear."

DAUGHTER
"Love you Dad"

FATHER
"See you later Boo."

The red-orange Volkswagen Bug drives off and disappears into the morning fog.

Little did he know... those pavlovian send-offs would later be the hallmark motto she'd live by for the rest of her life.

My dad is a writer.
My dad is a goof.
My dad is funny.
My dad is a good dancer ( in his mind, and in mine).
My dad is a good son.
My dad loves film (and instilled the passion within me).
My dad is thoughtful.
My dad is kind.
My dad is really intelligent (but in his words "well-read").
My dad is ALWAYS there for me.
My dad's name is William Britton Kulp. 
I love him more than he knows, and will forever be indebted to him.
Dad, I love you forever

Classic Dad photo, he always loved to be outside in the sun and/or by the water. Classic Pisces I guess.
In this photo he reminds me of an old Hollywood movie star, so effortless, and yet, so effortlessly stunning. I always can look at this photo endlessly, imagining what his life was like before me.
Daddy's Girl

2 comments:

  1. Daddy's Girl: I loved it. Funny! I feel like I've witnessed/heard that dialogue. Love the My Dad list. He looks great in those pics.
    That's cool!
    S.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartfelt condolence for the death of your dad on September 6, 2021, from Bill's cousin Barbara Gerson Machler.

    ReplyDelete