Monday, August 22, 2011

"TOE SHOES."

Uno
 Dos
 Tres
Cuatro
Cinco

UNO. Zizi Croc Oxford in Black Crocodile
DOS. Michael Glazed Loafer in Noir
TRES. Lio Buttoned Mary Janes in Black Patent
CUATRO. Zizi Tartan Oxford in Tartan/ Navy
CINCO. BB Polka-Dot Ballerina in Black Polka

REPETTO. THE dance shoe company infamous for their impeccable workmanship and undeniable correlation with French muses Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin, has been THE go-to for my very own dance necessities.

Now--my dainty dogs need Repetto to envelop them with the same supportive, satiny, cloud-like care they always had supplied for moi' before. Except now, I won't just be dancing in them. I'll be able to break the cardinal dancing shoe rule and wear them (GASP) outside. Looking, okay, salavating over Repetto's Fall/Winter 2011 collection has been a delight. My desire, however, is no longer satiated by only the sight of what could be a shoe for every day of the week. I think, in order to gain the satiation I require, I might have to revisit an old saying that tends--at least it did when I was 9--to work like a charm.

"Daddy... I think I need new Repettos."

My conscious is telling me I might have to plead a bit more this time around.



Photos via Opening Ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment