Thursday, April 28, 2011

CON GANAS


This is mine. I need a place to sort out and organize, and i don't have a Facebook, so I'm not allowed to join Pinterest; fascists.

Whether it's creative, moral, or epiphany-producing, I love and get high off of inspiration; I'm an inspiration hoarder. I am effected, not affected, nor infected; let's get that straight.

I'm not aspiring to be anything other than more of myself. I am here to share, to collaborate, to fucking rock. This is a collaboration, a collage, a homage to my role models--in film, television, dance, fashion, nature, music, photography, literature, architecture, and unseen (under-appreciated) locales, the rare and scarcely ever showcased locales.

Con Ganas, a Spanish phrase, is a phrase I've found difficult to translate. From what I gather, it means to act upon a desire for a want. A need. To do something and succeed in the taking. To me, Con Ganas has always meant--at least phonetically sounded like--doing something with guts, gall, and balls; and for me, it's about time to be Afton Con Ganas. I hope you'll join in, possibly be inspired--if not in any other facet--than in being confident and intelligent enough to be more of yourself too.

Leggings: H&M
Tank: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Anzevino and Florence
Shoes: Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment